If you want to shape the future of the water industry and work in a high performing team where your opinion is valued, we want to hear from you.
General Role Description
The role of the Senior Project Engineer is to manage, supervise and facilitate the estimation and delivery of minor and major projects. There may be simultaneous projects in progress, and this will require a developed level of personal organisation, prioritisation and delegation skills.
The role will be ‘hands on’ including draughting, estimating, design, scheduling, procurement and working onsite as a site engineer and in a commissioning capacity. The Senior Project Engineer will assist the Site Foreman with onsite activities including management of contractors and Filtec personnel. Onsite health and safety will be a key component of this role.
As a Senior Project Engineer you will have an existing mid-level commercial acumen and mechanical/process understanding and be looking to further develop these skills. It is expected that you will develop and maintain working relationships with all internal and external clients including the discipline leads, Bid Manager and Project Managers. You will fit with and exhibit Filtec Values.
- Directly manage, supervise, and facilitate smaller projects
- Work closely with project managers on delivering major and minor project
- Work with the Bid Manager to produce high quality bids demonstrating value-for-money
- Client liaison and fostering relationship
- Supervise and directly undertake design, delivery and commissioning tasks.
- Scheduling for all project equipment (process equipment, valves, instruments etc.)
- Understand contract documents including FIDIC, NEC and NZS3910/3915/3916
- Work on Project Management plans and completing Filtec gate reviews
- To work on site specific Health and Safety Plans and ensure H&S compliance onsite
- Setting project programmes and deliverables
- Effective procurement ensuring quality and price
- Effective time management
- Work with workshop to ensure project work is scheduled and that the drawings are easily understood
- Problem solving and resolution
- Ensure all project QA and manuals are completed at an appropriate time and standard
- Assist with commissioning and handover
- All relevant design, QA and client communication should be promptly dealt with and filed in the job folder
- Liaise with clients and consulting engineers to ensure customer satisfaction at the conclusion of each job
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in managing financial forecasts and budgets
- Relevant computer skills, Microsoft packages
- 8 years+ previous experience in similar role
- Water experience is desired
- AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks experience is desired
- Project Manager on your projects
- Project Engineers
- Workshop Manager
- CFO and admin team
- Marketing team
How to Apply:
Come join us in helping to build an ‘irresistible’ workplace.
Please send your CV and Cover letter through to [email protected]