What personal information do we collect and hold?
We will only collect information relevant to our business or employment relationship with you including the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or street address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Profession, occupation or job title;
- You provide to us directly through our websites or social media;
- You provide to us through our customer service team.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not contain personally identifying information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g., Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g., Microsoft Explorer, Chrome or Fiefox) and what domain you are accessing our website from.
With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
How we use your information
We may use your personal information for carrying out our business, including to:
- Provide the services, products and communications you have requested
- Enter into or perform any agreement or contract between us
- Answering enquiries or providing advice you request from us
- Manage our relationship with you, including allowing you to connect with us (e.g., via LinkedIn, Facebook, etc).
- Manage our news and publications subscriptions service
- Communicate with you
- Inform you of our other products and services.
We may use your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, including to:
- Personalise your experience on our website
- Monitor and prevent illegal activity that threatens our websites, our computer systems or networks
- Comply with any applicable laws and/or regulations
- Develop and improve our services
- Conduct data analysis, fraud monitoring and prevention activities
- Identify usage trends.
If you are one of our customers, we may use your information to offer you products and services that we believe meet your needs. However, you can notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers.
We will not share, sell or trade your information to any non-related companies outside of FILTEC Ltd.
How we store your information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, whether it is stored by us or our trusted third parties. We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records. In doing so, we have taken reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. As our website is linked to the internet, you should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
We will, with your help, keep your personal information accurate, complete and up to date. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
How to access, correct or delete your personal information
You have the right to request access to, and under certain conditions, the correction or deletion of, the personal information we hold about you. If we are unable to correct or delete your personal information (for example, where we do not agree that it is wrong, or we need the personal information for a lawful purpose), we will tell you.
Please email your request to email@example.com. Please note that we may ask for additional information to verify your identity.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 FILTEC for questions related to terms and conditions.