Service Technician Careers
Our Service Technicians are responsible for the operation and maintenance of water treatment systems, ensuring that safe and clean water is delivered to our customers.
General Role Description
We’re seeking skilled and experienced Service Technicians to join the FILTEC team. Our Service Technicians are responsible for the operation and maintenance of water treatment systems, ensuring that safe and clean water is delivered to our customers.
These are full-time positions that require a keen attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously. As a Service Technician, you will play a vital role in ensuring the quality and safety of the water supply for our community.
Our ideal candidates will be a team players, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. We are looking for people who are motivated and eager to learn, with a commitment to water quality and customer service. You will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of water treatment equipment, as well as monitoring and adjusting water treatment processes to ensure compliance with regulations and company standards.
Servicing of equipment used in water treatment processes
- This is through a wide variety of products and processes with our existing clients. This is typically through scheduled maintenance although some call outs do occur, some of these maybe after hours and travel may be required.
- Installations of FILTEC supplied equipment including pipework assembly / installation
- Monitor and adjust water treatment processes to ensure compliance with regulations and company standards
- Perform regular inspections and maintenance on water treatment equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment as necessary
- Chlorine system servicing and maintenance
- Calibration and site audits
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and procedures
Lead generation and customer service
- As you are part of the sales and service team you are required to look for additional opportunities with your existing clients so as to assist with lead generation for the sales team.
- An absolute focus on customer value addition while maintaining strong financial performance
- Communicate with customers and stakeholders regarding water quality and treatment processes
- Where the company is undertaking an upgrade or installation you may be required to assist with the commissioning of FILTEC supplied equipment or process.
- Technical advice and training for customers to ensure they operate their plants efficiently and safely
- Support the rest of the service team and if necessary travel for brief periods to the other service territories to ensure they are adequately resourced during their busy periods.
- Ensure adherence to budget – updated forecasts and variances reported to the Service Manager monthly
- Keep accurate records of all activities and report any issues
- Collaborate with other team members to develop and implement process improvements
- Assess competitor strengths and weaknesses and provide solutions to take advantage of identified weaknesses, this should be undertaken every quarter
- Provide technical support and training to other team members when required
- 1-5 years of experience in water treatment operation and maintenance, or similar
- Trade based qualification, preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Understanding of water treatment processes and regulations
- Experience with chemical feed systems, pumps, and valves, preferred but not essential
- Understanding of safety regulations and procedures
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in using common water treatment software and equipment, preferred but not essential
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work on your own unsupervised
- Ability to work in outdoor environments
- Motivation and willingness to learn
What we Offer
As a Service Technician, you will have the opportunity to work with a team of dedicated professionals and be part of an organisation that values its employees and is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as ongoing training and development opportunities. We have a team-oriented culture, and we value the contributions of our employees.
Service Technician role includes:
- Company vehicle
- Work tools
- Training opportunities and career progression
- Phone and laptop
- Your clients (this is the most important relationship)
- Service Manager
- Regional Managers – North, Central and South
- Project Coordinators
- Project Engineers
How to Apply:
If you have a passion for water treatment and want to be part of a team that is dedicated to providing safe water for our community, please apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you and potentially welcoming you to our team!