The FILTEC HFA Fluoride Dosing (Fluorosilicic Acid) System is a safe and cost-effective method of dosing fluoride into drinking water. Our Fluoride Dosing System meets New Zealand drinking water and chemical safety standards.
Using Fluorosilicic acid (HFA) the FILTEC Fluoride dosing system has four size options to meet the requirements of a population of up to 150,000 people (45MLD).
All components of the FILTEC Fluoride Dosing System are supplied with safety in mind and are all HFA compatible. The systems instrumentation provides continuous monitoring of the fluoride levels and is linked to a control system that accurately maintains the fluoride in the drinking water.
New Zealand water sources often have relatively low concentrations of natural fluoride. Fluoridation is the process of adding the micronutrient fluorine to drinking water to achieve a safe and targeted concentration level in treated water. Fluoride dosing is the most effective and efficient way to help prevent dental caries, such as tooth decay, in communities receiving a reticulated water supply.
Instrumentation & Control
The HFA Dosing Pump delivers a flow that is paced to the water flow. The HFA flow is then trimmed up or down by a PI loop based on feedback from the Fluoride Analyser.
The HFA Dosing Pump is calibrated using a closed loop calibration cylinder. This 500mL calibration volume will need to be at normal dose rate.
- Includes a fluoride analyser and pump with the capability of combining water flow and fluoride concentration in the water
- For precise dosing of HFA into the drinking water
Includes a camlock fitting and manual isolation valve for loadout. A manual drain back into the bund allows safe disconnect. The level is monitored by radar transmitter for re-ordering and fill alarm settings, with back-up level switch for safe fill level and minimum pump level. Once per day, the HFA Day Tank is filled to its level setpoint by the HFA Transfer Pump to provide no more fluoride than is safe.
- The bulk tank fully HSNO compliant and is fitted with continuous level monitoring, back up level switch and high low alarms. With reordering and alarm fill settings
- System automatically fills the day tank once per day
- This enables the customer to know daily usage and ensures personnel don’t have to handle HFA
The concrete bund (by Others) contains all storage tanks and pipework and drains to a sump for suction truck Chemwaste disposal.
- Safety shower with thermal bleed
- Wall mounted hose reel
- Chemical unloading cabinet with alarm beacon and siren
- Ensuring safe handling, loading, and unloading of HFA as well as compliance with HSNO
FILTEC has 30+ years experience delivering fluoridation systems throughout New Zealand.