GFH® DRY Media is a specially designed adsorbent media based on granular ferric hydroxide. It is specifically designed for the removal of arsenic (arsenate (As+5) and arsenite (As+3)) from water and can remove other heavy metals as well. The arsenic removal requires no preconditioning or pre-oxidation. Applied in a downflow packed bed configuration, it is easily applied to municipal wellhead applications.
Features and Benefits
• ANSI / NSF 61 Certified for use in Potable Water Applications
• Consistent removal of both arsenate and arsenite forms of arsenic, even during sudden changes in influent arsenic concentration.
• Standard systems using GFH® DRY Media are designed for flows from 1 to 5,000 gpm and higher. Compact designs that require minimal operator attention.
• High arsenic capacity resulting in long media bed life and reduced frequency of media exchange.
• Does not impact water pH.
In addition to arsenic, GFH DRY Media has been demonstrated to provide removal of several other contaminants, including: