Process Engineer Careers
FILTEC offers opportunities for Process Engineers careers in New Zealand. Our Auckland-based Process Engineers optimise our water treatment systems, ensuring consistent and reliable operation.
General Role Description
We’re always on the lookout for talented and experienced Process Engineers to join our Auckland-based team. As a Process Engineer, you will play a key role in designing and implementing process control systems for our water treatment plants, ensuring consistent and reliable operation.
You will be responsible for completing safe, efficient, and cost-effective designs for FILTEC’s tenders and projects. Your role will focus on process-related deliverables and have involvement supporting the commissioning phases of FILTEC’s projects throughout Victoria and Queensland.
Our ideal candidates will have a background in water treatment processes and process control systems, and a passion for optimising plant performance through process improvement initiatives.
Process Design and Optimisation
- Design and implement process control systems for water treatment plants that ensure consistent and reliable operation
- Work with Bid Manager to deliver accurate preliminary designs
- Provide concept solutions to FILTEC’s process design and deliverable activities, including provision of “Front End Engineering Design” to support sales team
- Review tender specifications and clearly communicate opportunities, non-compliances and risks to design
- Support preparation of detailed design deliverables, including PID’s, process and hydraulic calculations, functional descriptions, operations and maintenance manuals.
Process Safety and Compliance
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Facilitate and partake in internal and external HAZOP meetings.
Plant Performance Monitoring and Improvement
- Review plant performance and chemical consumption, and execute recommendations to improve the performance
- Support the growth of FILTEC’s plant optimisation service
- Seek standardisation and re-use of design and associated documentation to maximise resource effectiveness
- Troubleshoot process control issues and recommend solutions
- Coordinate project activities with internal and external stakeholders
- Meet routinely with FILTEC’s Project Managers throughout the duration of projects to monitor design and commissioning progress and resolve technical issues
- Build strong and enduring relationships with FILTEC’s clients and their consulting engineers
- Ensure timely delivery of design packages and proactively direct design effort into value-add activities.
Team & Technical Support
- Collaborate with other team members to develop and implement process improvements
- Provide peer-review of designs completed by others
- Provide support to site team members for installation and commissioning queries
- Provide technical support to service teams to resolve complex process issues.
- Relevant tertiary qualification, i.e. Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience of process engineering in the water industry
- In-depth understanding of water and wastewater treatment processes
- Experience in the design of water treatment processes and process control systems
- Ability to perform process simulations and modeling to optimise plant performance
- Ability to troubleshoot complex process control issues and recommend solutions.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills – to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What we Offer
We recognise the value that a Process Engineer brings to our team, and as such, offer a competitive salary and employee benefits.
We believe in investing in our team and providing them with opportunities for growth and advancement. We offer ongoing training and development programs, as well as opportunities for Process Engineers to take on new and challenging projects, allowing them to expand their skills and knowledge.
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive work environment, where team members feel valued and respected, and where their contributions are recognised and appreciated.
We also offer flexible work arrangements, enabling our team to balance their professional and personal commitments.
- Project Manager on your projects
- Project Engineers
- Workshop Manager
- CFO and administration team
- Marketing team
How to Apply:
If you are a motivated and experienced Process Engineer with a passion for optimising plant performance and a commitment to delivering results, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you and potentially welcoming you to our team!