Business Development Manager
We're looking for a motivated and connected Business Development Manager to lead the growth of water filtration solution sales for the lower North Island and upper South Island.
General Role Description
We are looking for a motivated and connected Business Development Manager to lead the growth of water filtration solution sales for the lower North Island and upper South Island, while also having accountability for design and construct stage of Central projects.
Our mission is to help our customers solve their water-related challenges, improve their processes, and achieve their sustainability goals. We have a wide range of products and services, including water treatment systems, process optimisation, and maintenance services.
As a Business Development Manager, you will work closely with our Central Regional Manager and team to identify new business opportunities for FILTEC. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with FILTEC customers, and identifying new business opportunities through market research and analysis.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan to lead the growth of water filtration solution sales for the lower North Island and upper South Island
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, including supporting the development of new products, services, and markets
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, industry partners, and stakeholders
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify new business opportunities
- Prepare proposals and presentations to prospective customers
- Negotiate and close sales deals, ensuring that customer needs and expectations are met
- Represent FILTEC at industry events and trade shows
- Work closely with FILTEC’s leadership team to ensure that sales and marketing activities are aligned with overall company objectives.
- A tertiary qualification; a trade or engineering degree with experience in technical sales
- A background in engineering / industrial equipment (preferrably water treatment, pumps, process control, valves, fabrication, chemical process, instrumentation, mechanical or electrical engineering)
- Commercial nous to negotiate positive outcomes to ensure optimum outcomes are achieved
- Understanding of the water treatment market, including market trends and competitive landscape
- Ability to develop and implement sales strategies to drive growth.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to adapt to market conditions
- A desire to contribute and be part of a team that is committed to working together and going the extra mile while ensuring their focus on making New Zealand’s water safer is achieved.
What we Offer
We recognise the value that a Business Development Manager brings to our team, and as such, offer a competitive salary, company vehicle and employee benefits.
We believe in investing in our team and providing them with opportunities for growth and advancement. We offer ongoing training and development programs, as well as the opportunity to make this position your own and further down the track, decide if you want to pursue a sales/regional/project management path before considering more senior leadership roles.
We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive work environment, where team members feel valued and respected, and where their contributions are recognised and appreciated. We also offer flexible work arrangements, enabling our team to balance their professional and personal commitments.
- Your clients
- Central Regional Manager
- Project Managers
- Project Engineers
- Service Technicians
- Service Coordinator
How to Apply:
If you are a motivated and results-driven sales professional with a passion for the water treatment industry, please apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you and potentially welcoming you to our team!